Cafeteria & Food Services Attention Parents/Guardians - GOOD NEWS!!!
The DeRuyter Central School District is committed to high levels of learning for all students. We strive to provide engaging and equitable learning environments for everyone. In an effort to ensure that all students are afforded an optimal learning environment, the district will provide breakfast and lunch at no cost to all students in grades K -12th .
Beginning this September, the District will be participating in the Community Eligibility Provision part of the The Healthy and Hungry Free Kids Act which is a federally-funded program. The savings to our families are significant.
Students will still use their 4 digit Lunch Pin Numbers as they come thru the Breakfast and Lunch lines. A la carte options and second meals are not free and will still be available for students. These items can be purchased using cash or My School Bucks account.
Please help us to continue to obtain and be eligible for additional programs provided by the state and federal government that benefit your child by filling out the Household Income paperwork (located below in the "Downloads" section of this page) and returning it on the first day of school.
As always please feel free to call or stop by the cafeteria with any questions or concern’s.
315-852-3400 x 7146
Click here to access mySchoolBucks® (http://myschoolbucks.com).
Our MyNutriKids.com accounts have been successfully upgraded and transferred to mySchoolBucks, our new partner for online school meal payments. For complete instructions on how to use your mySchoolBucks account, please click the link below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING LUNCH CHARGES
DCS Meal Charge Policy - Policy # 5664 - Student Meal Charge Policy
1ST Reading – 7/5/17
2nd Reading – 8/17/17
Adopted date – 8/17/17
The goal of the DeRuyter Central School District is to provide student access to nutritious no- or low-cost meals each school day.
However, unpaid charges place a large financial burden on our school. The purpose of this policy is to insure compliance with federal requirements for the USDA Child Nutrition Program, and to provide oversight and accountability for the collection of outstanding student meal balances.
The intent of this policy is to establish procedures to address unpaid meal charges throughout the DeRuyter Central School District. The provisions of this policy pertain to regular priced school breakfast and lunch meals only. The DeRuyter Central School District provides this policy as a courtesy to those students in the event that they forget or lose their lunch money. Charging of items outside of the reimbursable meals (a la carte items, adult meals, etc.) is expressly prohibited.
Students/Parents/Guardians may pay for meals in advance via MySchoolBucks.com or with a check payable to School Lunch Fund. Further details are available on our webpage at www.deruytercentral.org. Funds should be maintained in accounts to minimize the possibility that a child may be without meal money on any given day. Any remaining funds for a particular student may/will be carried over to the next school year.
- Free Meal Benefit - Free eligible students will be allowed to receive a free breakfast and lunch each day. A la carte purchases must be paid/prepaid.
- Reduced Meal Benefit - Reduced eligible students will be allowed to receive a breakfast for $.25 and lunch for $.25 each day. A student will be allowed to charge a maximum of 5 days breakfast and lunch to their account after the balance reaches zero. The charge meals offered to students will be reimbursable meals that are available to all students.
- Full Pay Students – Students will pay for meals at the school’s published paid meal rate each day. If a student is without meal money on a consistent basis, the administration will investigate the situation more closely and take further action as needed. If financial hardship exists, parents and families are encouraged to apply for free or reduced price lunches for their child if applicable. A student will be allowed to charge a maximum of 5 days breakfast and lunch to their account after the balance reaches zero. The charge meals offered to students will be reimbursable meals that are available to all students.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for meal payment to the food service program. Discreet notices of deficit balances will be sent to parents/guardians at regular intervals during the school year.
- Balance Notification communication will be made weekly to households alerting parents of negative meal account balances.
- Refunds for withdrawn, and graduating students; a written or e-mailed request for a refund of any money remaining in their account must be submitted. Students who are graduating at the end of the year will be given the option to transfer to a sibling’s account with a written request.
- Unclaimed Funds must be requested within one school year. Unclaimed funds will then become the property of the DeRuyter Food Service Program.
Lunch Balances: Your child will be notified when they come through the lunch line when his/her account is becoming low or reaches a negative balance. Please see the notice above regarding Meal Charges.
You may call the cafeteria (315-852-3400, extension 7146) at any time to check on your child's account balance.